dinsdag 18 maart 2014

week 11 Negative space

Week 11: Negative Space:


I just started photography in 2008, I never had professional education. I am an autodidact and followed numerous workshop with photographers. I also joined Clickin moms and there I am learning a lot. I never heard of negative space. On Clickin Moms a friend photographers (every week she explains the assignment)  gives the next explanation:

In photography we (the photographer) often spend so much time focusing on the subject itself (after all, we have to account for position, exposure, focus, etc.), that we can completely disregard the surrounding area. But, the area surrounding the subject (also known as "negative space") is equally as important. In fact, it can make or break your image. 

A little while back I photographed the children at my daughters daycare. I hope this is what's is meant with negative space. 

Please also see the photo's of my friend: Christina: photographer: http://twinflowerphotography.com/2014/03/project-52-week-11-negative-space-katy-tx-photographer/



1 opmerking: